Medical travel guides
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Thai authorities imposed the regulations regarding a permission to enter the Kingdom of Thailand, Including the quarantine upon arrival. We provide and imposed several additional steps for protecting you against COVID-19 to make your trip as safe as possible.
International Relationship Services
Our Internationals Coordination Center is a unique and complimentary service designed to provide streamlined access and individual cultural support for international patients in order to create a welcoming atmosphere from the moment you arrive to Thailand, entering the State quarantine. Whether to discuss accommodation, travel arrangement s or simply enjoy a bit of company, our international staff will ensure that every customer will receive the best and relaxing experience at Klaire medical center which has been international certified by the American Accreditation Commission International (AACI) and the ISO 9001:2015.
- Coordinate to an Alternative Hospital Quarantine and its transportation.
- Assistance on Hotel booking and travel advice.
- Catering of special diets, including Thai street food, Asian, Western or Muslim food.
- Arrange and coordinate to other hospital and clinic for co-services.
- Liaise with Embassies and foreign organizations.
Our international relation team provides document services for your departure.
- Medical Certificate: A medical certificate is a written statement from a physician which is issued for a variety of reasons including certification of a patient’s illness, certification of a customer fitness or certification of a patient’s recovery from a medical condition.
- Fit to fly Certificate: Some airlines require medical letter/certificate confirming that the patient’s medical condition is currently stable and suitable to travel.
- Medical Records: Medical records are information concerning a patient’s health care such as recent doctor visits, discharge summaries, medications, allergies and lab results
- Insurance reimbursement papers: Such as the medical certificate, medical records and receipts along with the detailed information.
Klaire Medical Center
259/22 Soi Pridi Banomyong 13
Sukhumvit 71 Road,
Wattana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Hotline: +66(0) 2 227 0600
Patient and companion guideline
- Copy of the patient’s passport with a certified signature (newly signed).
- Copy of the companion’s passport(s) with certified signature(s) (newly signed) [One patient can come with up to 3 companions].
- Fit-to-travel or Fit-to-Fly certificate issued by a licensed doctor in the current country, within 72 hours before departure. (DO NOT attempt to get this item before the approval is confirmed.)
- Certificate of COVID-19 free within 72 hours before departure. (DO NOT attempt to get this item before the approval is confirmed.)
- Insurance policy covering the treatment of COVID-19 incurred in Thailand, medical transportation and repatriation if needed, minimum amount of USD 100,000 for each patient and companion.
- Proof of financial status, e.g. bank statement.
- Letter of intention and consent for quarantine under AHQ. Letter of approval to be hospitalized / quarantined in the hospital NOT less than 14 days (Prepared by Klaire medical center and signed by the patient and/or companions.)
- Certificate of Entry (COE) for Medical Tourism purposes from Thai Embassy in your country, after the approval of all documents above from the ministry of Health in Thailand.
Recommendation for you travel (by CDC)
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet (2 meters) between you and others as much as possible.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Limit contact with frequently touched surfaces, such as handrails, elevator buttons and kiosks. If you must touch these surfaces, use hand sanitizer or wash your hands afterward.
- Wear a cloth face mask.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean your hands often. It’s especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
There are steps to follow when arriving at the airport
- At the screening point in the arrival hall (Concourse E), the staff of the ministry of Health will wait for you and bring you to the screening processes. You need to present the Certificate of Entry with lab test result issued no more than 72 hours prior to departure at check-in.
- You are recommended to download the AOT Airport application (downloaded from App store or Google play) to report the state of health
- You can wait for your luggages after this screening point.
- The airport staff will bring you to Exit 4 , and the hospital staff will then drive you to the alliance hospital. You are encouraged to self isolation process under Alternative Hospital Quarantine protocol (AHQ) for 14 days.
Covid-19 Quarantine and testing policy
Thailand Covid-19 Situation Reports
Protocols for the Quarantine in the hospital (AHQ)
- You (and your companion) will be subject to the quarantine process at the alliance hospital from the day of arrival into the kingdom of Thailand for at least 14 days.
- You will be allowed to leave the room for the medical investigations and medical/dental procedures throughout the quarantine period.
- Fever and Respiratory tract symptoms will be monitored on a daily basis. The RT-PCR test for Covid 19 will be performed 3 times ( Day 0, Day 5 and Day 14)
- If the result is positive (Covid19 detected) at any time, the treatment can commence right after the test and you will be cared for in the hospital under your own expense. (Under the insurance coverage, conditions may apply)
Recommended Alternative Quarantine by Klaire
Klaire medical center has coordinated with high quality luxury hospitals and hotels close to the clinic and the BTS Sky train station. In addition, special rates are available for Klaire Medical Center customers only.
AHQ (Alternative Hospital Quarantine)
Bumrungrad International Hospital
Address: 33 Sukhumvit 3 (Soi Nana Nua), Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 066 8888
Address: 1411 Sukumvit Road (Ekkamai BTS Station) Prakanong nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 391 0011
Phyathai 1 Hospital
Address: 364/1 Sri Ayudhaya Road, Phyathai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
Tel: +66 2 201 4600
ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine)
The Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57
Address: 24 Soi Sukhumvit 57 Klong Ton Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 072 2882
Ibis Styles Bangkok Sukhumvit 50
Address: 2026/11 Soi Sukumvit 50, Prakanong, Klong T, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 311 3355
There are steps to follow when finishing your trip.
- If you do not fly back to your home country after discharging from the clinic within 72 hours, you need to repeat Covid-19 test at the same hospital that you stayed for quarantine (AHQ).
- The clinic or AHQ will prepare “Fit to fly specific to Covid-19” certificate if the result is negative ( Undetected).
- Our clinic staff will contact you via email for following up about the Covid-19 test and symptoms after you arrived at your home for 21 days.
Medical Tourism of Thailand
Medical tourism refers to international travel for the purpose of receiving medical care. Many patients engage in medical tourism because the procedures they seek can be performed in other countries at relatively low cost. In addition, some patients travel to specific destinations to undergo procedures that are not available in their home country.
Why is Thailand the Best Place for Medical Tourism?
Thailand is able to dominate medical tourism thanks to its competitive low cost of medical care, high quality treatment and its well-established tourism industry. There are over 1,000 hospitals in Thailand, of which over 500 are private facilities.
Medication Tourism at Klaire Medical Center
We would like to keep our patients healthy both for mental and physical state with international medical management knowledge and attentive customer service along with the uniqueness of Thai; the service model that creates value and benefits basing on customer satisfaction, and also get a reasonable price comes with service quality.
We strive to provide our patients the best quality care for their physical and mental wellbeing through international medical standards and attentive customer service while experiencing the uniqueness of Thai culture; the service model that creates value and benefits based on customer satisfaction, and quality services at a reasonable price.
Klaire Highlight Services
Hotel and transportation
Safe and clean transportation
To ensure the customer and companions’ safety Klaire medical center has enhanced the preventive measures by applying disinfectant solution in every areas of shuttle before and after use.
Meet and greet protocols
Recommended Taxi services
For your most satisfice experience, we alliance to “CABB” the most luxury taxi company in Thailand.
Certified Tourist Attraction By Amazing Thailand Safety & Health Administration (SHA)
“ SHA provides sanitation and safety standards for tourists ”Aim to make tourism a part of Thailand’s disease prevention measures and ensure that both Thai and foreign tourists have a positive experience, that they are happy and confident in the sanitation and safety standards of Thailand’s tourism products and services.
Lists of SHA hotels
Recommended hotels by Klaire
Klaire medical center has coordinated with high quality luxury hotels near the clinic and the BTS Sky train station. In addition, special rates are available for Klaire Medical Center customers only.
MARRIOTT BANGKOK SUKHUMVIT HOTEL
Address: 2 Sukhumvit Soi 57, Klongtan Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 797 0000
RENAISSANCE BANGKOK RATCHAPRASONG HOTEL
Address: 518/8 Ploenchit Road, Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: +66 2 125 5000
THE SALIL HOTEL SUKHUMVIT 57
Address: 24 Soi Sukhumvit 57 Klong Ton Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 072 2882
Long term care
Address: 448 Bangwaek Road, Bangwaek, Phasi Chareon, Bangkok 10160
Tel: +66 2 288 0182
Safety protocol for Covid-19
We are committed to providing you with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for working to defeat COVID-19.
- Body temperature checks are conducted at entry door.
- The air shower machine was installed at the foyer area to reduce dust and microorganism on cloths and body of each client.
- All clients are asked to fill a Covid-19 screening questionnaire.
- Hand sanitizer is available adequately at the clinic lobby, public and meeting areas.
- We clean public spaces regularly and contact surfaces at least every 2 hours e.g. door knob, elevator handrail.
- E-billing and mobile banking payment is available to reduce human to human contact.
- 5 meters social distancing measures are applied for each client.
- Clinic staffs are trained to wash hands regularly, and use the disinfectants safely and correctly.
- Clinic staffs wear personal protective equipments (PPE) e.g. gloves, face masks, Face shield.
- All exam rooms and treatment rooms are disinfected by UVC machine and Ozone generator immediately after used for each client.
- Provide good ventilation and have efficient air purifiers on pubic area and each room.
- Limit the number of clients to an appropriate proportion to prevent transmission.
- We use disinfectant products that have been approved by Thai FDA.